Duke Gardens Pet Policy
Duke Gardens is pleased to welcome visitors who celebrate nature in many ways, including those who show their love with endearing barks and wagging tails.
But please note that dogs are only permitted before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m. daily.
No other pets are allowed.
Please also note:
- Dogs must be on a non-retractable leash 6 feet or shorter.
- Dogs must remain on paths and lawns only, never on or among plantings.
- The same time restrictions apply to dogs being carried through the Gardens.
- Dog handlers are required to pick up after their dogs and dispose of waste in available trash receptacles.
- At no time are dogs permitted in the Charlotte Brody Discovery Garden, Blomquist Garden of Native Plants, buildings or other posted areas.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- Dogs are prohibited from special events such as plant sales and concerts. Additional event-related exceptions will be posted on this page.
- Duke Gardens reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any dog thought to be dangerous to visitors or other dogs.
- Service dogs trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability will be allowed in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. Read more here.