Children and Family Programs
We offer a range of fun, imaginative and challenging programs for children and families. Learn and discover together in beautiful and biodiverse Duke Gardens!
Click below to browse all other spring 2019 programs and to register.
If you are a Duke Gardens member, check your email for your program discount code that will enable you to receive the member rate online. Learn more about membership and join here to receive education program discounts, free admission to select programs & events, and more.
Summary of Spring 2019 Programs (click above for more information and registration)
- Science of the Season (all ages): Saturday, Jan. 26, 2-4 p.m.
- Classroom Open Hours (ages 3 & up): Tuesdays, 1-3 p.m., Jan. 15-Feb. 26
- Family Garden Walks (all ages): Saturdays, 9-9:45 a.m., Feb. 2, March 2, April 6, May 4, June 1
- Discovery Drop-in (ages 3 & up): Tuesdays, 3-5 p.m., March 12-April 23
- Family Vegetable Gardening Workshop (all ages): Saturday, April 6
- Nature Storytime (ages 3-5): Thursdays, 10:30 a.m., March 7-June 6
- Naturalist Classes (ages 5-10): Mondays, 10:30-11:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.-noon, Feb. 25, March 11, April 22, May 6
- Artists in the Gardens Workshops (ages 9-12): Saturdays & Mondays, 10 a.m.-noon, March 16, April 15, April 27, May 13
Please see our Nature Adventures Camp page for information about our week-long themed day camps for grades K-8.
Want to bring your group to Duke Gardens? Choose from our offerings of age-appropriate programs on a variety of topics or request your own customized program. Please see our School and Group Programs page.
Feel free to use any of our self-guided visit resources to explore Duke Gardens with your family!