Nourish Sarah P. Duke Gardens through membership in Friends of Duke Gardens.
Duke Gardens is enjoyed free of charge by more than 300,000 people annually. More than half of our yearly operating budget comes from people like you, who value all that this botanic garden has to offer.
Your membership dollars support every aspect of Duke Gardens, from world-class horticultural design to classes and free events for the community, children’s programs and many resources that provide the best experience possible for visitors.
Please consider joining today. Click here to become a member online.
All membership levels include:
- education program discounts at Duke Gardens, including free admission to select programs & events.
- 10% discount on Terrace Shop purchases
- reciprocal admission benefits to nearly 300 gardens in North America (info here)
- online access to Duke Gardens publications
- free subscription to Better Homes & Gardens magazine
Basic Membership levels:
$ 25 Duke students
$ 50 Individual
$ 75 Dual (spouses/partners)
$100 Family (includes children under age 18)
Supporting Membership levels
Terraces Society: $250
Includes membership benefits above plus:
- Duke Gardens calendar
- 20% discount on Gothic Bookshop purchases (valid membership card required)
- 2 complimentary dual gift memberships (please provide names & addresses of recipients)
- Annual Report
- Flora magazine
- invitations to special Friends events
Iris Society: $500
Terraces Society benefits plus:
- Duke Gardens note cards
- 2 complimentary registrations for the Gardens’ education program
Pergola Society: $1,000
Iris Society benefits plus:
- complimentary Gardens parking
Directors Society: $2,500
Pergola Society benefits plus:
- invitation to a reception/dinner with featured guest
Mary Duke Biddle Society: $5,000
Directors Society benefits plus:
- invitation to a behind the scenes tour
Mary D. B. T. Semans Society: $10,000
Mary Duke Biddle Society benefits plus:
- 1 complimentary trolley tour with director, schedule permitting (reservations must be made at least 1 week in advance)
Corporate Friends: $5,000 (excludes matching program gifts)
- Flora magazine
- annual report
- 1 free space rental at Sarah P. Duke Gardens or in the Doris Duke Center (Mon.-Thurs.) per availability within membership year.
Please contact us to learn about more giving options. You may leave a legacy at Duke Gardens in a variety of ways, including naming opportunities throughout the Gardens.
All memberships are part of the Duke Annual Fund and are used entirely for the benefit and purposes of Duke Gardens. Duke alumni also receive reunion class gift credit. Gifts are tax deductible.
Please consider the opportunity to support Duke Gardens through gifts to:
Annual Fund: A vital source of unrestricted funding to be used where the need is greatest.
Endowment: Gifts of any amount may be designated for the pooled Gardens endowment.
Special Projects: A variety of projects and naming opportunities are available.
Please contact Duke Gardens Development Director Kate Senner at 919-684-5579.
Please call 919-684-5579 or make a secure gift online.