Children and Family Programs
We offer a range of fun, imaginative and challenging programs for children and families. Learn and discover together in beautiful and biodiverse Duke Gardens! Click below to browse our Fall & Winter 2018-19 programs and to register.
If you are a Duke Gardens member check your email soon for your program discount code that will enable you to receive the member rate online. Learn more about membership and join here to receive education program discounts, free admission to select programs & events, and more.
Summary of Fall/Winter 2018-19 Programs (click above for more information and registration)
- Classroom Open Hours (ages 3 & up): Tuesdays, 1-3 p.m., Oct. 2-Nov. 27 and Jan. 15-Feb. 26
- Meet the Gardens Keepers (all ages): Thursdays, Sept. 13-Nov. 17, 2-3 p.m.
- Gardening Open Hours (ages 3 & up): Thursdays, 3-5 p.m., Sept. 13-Oct. 18
- Nature Storytime (ages 3-5): Thursdays, 10:30 a.m., Sept. 6-Nov. 15
- Nature for Sprouts (ages 3-5): Tuesdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m., Sept. 11-Oct. 16
- Naturalist Classes (ages 5-10): Mondays, 10:30-11:30 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.-noon, Sept. 10, Oct. 1, Oct. 22, Nov. 5
- Artists in the Gardens Workshops (ages 9-12): Mondays, 10 a.m.-noon, Sept. 17, Oct. 8, Oct. 29, Nov. 12
- Raising Eastern Black Swallowtail Butterflies Family Workshop (ages 8 & up): Saturday, Sept. 8, 9-10:30 a.m.
- Aquatic Investigation Workshop (ages 10 & up): Monday, Sept. 24, 10 a.m.-noon
- Family Composting Workshop (ages 9 & up): Saturday, Oct. 20, 10 a.m.-noon
- Harvest Festival (all ages): Sunday, Oct. 14, 1-4 p.m.
- Mallarme Chamber Players (all ages): Sundays, Nov. 18 and Jan. 20, 1-2 p.m.
- Science of the Season (all ages): Saturday, Jan. 26, 2-4 p.m.
Please see our Nature Adventures Camp page for information about our week-long themed day camps for grades K-8.
Want to bring your group to Duke Gardens? Choose from our offerings of age-appropriate programs on a variety of topics or request your own customized program. Please see our School and Group Programs page.
Feel free to use any of our self-guided visit resources to explore Duke Gardens with your family!